Employee perks are growing in popularity for both employees and employers. Perks are privileges granted to employees in addition to their salaries and benefits, which have little to no cash value. Four in five employees prefer beneﬁts or perks more than a pay raise.
SCORE’s latest infographic shows how perks can attract and retain talented employees and what you can incorporate in your small business.
Percentage who said the perk would be taken into consideration when choosing a job
- Flexible hours: 88%
- More vacation time: 80%
- Work-from-home option: 80%
- Student loan assistance: 48%
- Paid maternity/paternity leave: 42%
- Free gym membership: 39%
- Free snacks: 32%
- Weekly free outings: 24%
Perks contribute to employee satisfaction
- Better quality of life: 53%
- Employees feel valued: 49%
- Improved physical/mental health: 44%
Most Common Employee Perks
- Flexible working hours: 32%
- Professional development: 28%
- Fitness/health perks: 19%
- Food/snacks: 19%
- Working from home: 14%
But 42% of full-time employees have no employee perks at all. A SCORE mentor can help you determine what employee perks your small business can provide.