Did you know just 51% of small businesses have websites? And many of those do not have customer-friendly websites and are missing out on valuable opportunities to engage clients and convert visitors to sales.
Learn more about small business website trends in this SCORE infographic.
Consumers increasingly turn to websites for their product or service purchases.
- 97% of consumers search online for products & services.
- 70% compare prices or read reviews.
- 88% have been influenced by an online review.
- 91% have visited a store because of an online experience.
- 37% use the internet to find a store at least once per month.
Just 51% of small businesses have websites and many of those sites aren't built for success.
- 70% have no call to action.
- 27% don't provide a telephone number.
- 68% don't have an email address on the home page.
- 82% don't have social media accounts.
- 56% don't have meta data to improve searches.
- 50% of online sales are lost when visitors can't find content.
More opportunities are lost by not having a mobile-friendly site.
- 93.3% of small business websites are not mobile compatible despite 4 out of 5 consumers using a smartphone to shop.
- 96% of consumers research a product or service on their phone
- 73% of mobile searches trigger follow-up sharing, calls, sales or store visits.